m (→Apps using the OpenDuino API)
|Line 17:||Line 17:|
== Usage ==
== Usage ==
* http://openduino.lan/. It shows the open/closed status of the space.
* appsearch for in the
, first check the alarm and isred on door is on
if alarm is , the and . * on.
use to the and . The seconds LED
the the the door
the on the door )
the to the door
the alarm . The
*you will the
the the a red . push the button to set the to open
the the the
, turn the
. the alarm the door
knob of the door
Revision as of 13:15, 6 April 2012
|OpenDuino is a hard- and software solution to notify site visitors of the hackerspace occupation status|
|Repository:||git clone git://source.hacker.lu/openduino.git|
|Members:|| Tschew, Kwisatz, sim0n|
|Contact Person:||Gunstick (mail)|
You have 3 means of accessing openduino
- Log in to WiFi and go to http://openduino.lan/. It shows the open/closed status of the space. You need your password
- Use a smartphone app, search for syn2cat in the store
- Use the iButton (you get one via deposit of 5€): iButton is red: access refused. green: read correctly
- Before doing anything, first check the state of alarm and space. Normal state is: red led on door is on, all others are off
- trigger openduino with one of the 3 means listed above
- wait for the red/green leds to blink and turn the knob until the door unlocks
- if alarm is correctly disabled, the green LED is on and red is off. You can enter. Do *not* enter if red or blue LEDs are on.
- inside, use your key to unlock the lab and chill doors. The space will change state to open after 30 seconds (orange LED on front door is on)
- close the chill and lab doors until the LEDs above the chill door are both lit
- go outside, a yellow LED will be on, it tells that both doors are closed correctly
- the space will change it's state to closed after 10 seconds (orange LED on the front door goes off)
- tigger openduino with one of the 3 means listed above
- wait for the red/green leds to blink and turn the knob until the door locks
- check that the alarm is on. The badge reader will have a steady red light and emit regular beeping sounds
Space state is closed but door is open and alarm is off
Usually this shows that ADHS is there: all LEDs are off except green
- do *not* use openduino !!! else you will sound the alarm siren
- simply enter the hallway
- use your key to open chill and lab rooms
- in the doorway of the chill, openduino shows a red light. push the button to set the space to open
Space state is open but door is locked
This is often the case during the night when members lock the front door for safety: orange and red LEDs are on
- use openduino
- when red/green flashes, turn the knob to unlock the door
Front door is unlocked but alarm is on
Very bad situation. Someone switched on the alarm but forgot to lock the door: bright blue LED is on
- do *not* enter!
- use openduino to switch alarm off (no need to turn the knob of the door, it's already open)
Space state is open and alarm is on
This should never happen. You're screwed.
- do *not* enter
- Please call one of office members for advice.
- After reboot or reset of OpenDuino it will recover the currently active open/close status shown on the web-page. To do a reset, push the black button on the PCB.
- Following a more general power loss, OpenDuino will go into the close state (red LED is on). If you don't put it into green mode, the closed status will be published to the website after 5 minutes.
- If there is no network connectivity and you try to put the status to open it will go back to closed after a short delay. Repair the network problem and then try again. Connect a PC to the HUB in the computer museum to test the connectivity.
- The blinking yellow LED is a status indicator. If it's stopping blinking then something is wrong. Some short pauses are normal when OpenDuino is busy doing fancy stuff e.g. updating the web page. If the LED is pausing for several seconds, that's a sign of network problems.
- The openduino URL is protected by the firewall so that the only access to the openduino webpage is from the hackerspace itself and not from somewhere on the Internet.
- If the space is open and you want to close the front door from inside, simply use the knob on the inside. It always locks the door, no need to ask openduino for that. This won't lock out outside members to come in. They can use openduino to unlock the door. The alarm will not activate. NEVER EVER lock the front door and also set the space to closed while you are inside. This is almost a guarantee that the next one coming in will set off the alarm. You don't want this to happen! (next version of openduino will handle this situation better)
- MW extension
- Set space status at the push of a button
- Supports plugins with a set of hooks.
- Notification plugin sends SMS on status change
- Garbage plugin sends SMS when a garbage can needs to be taken outside or brought back in.
- BubbleUp propagates status changes to remote servers
- Drive reed relays to control the alarm system and front door electronic lock
- detect locks on the 2 rooms and front door
- detect state of alarm system
- link with membership management tool, only members can use it
There are three more of less sophisticated ways of querying the space status.
- By using the MW extension running on our Main Page.
- By using the Wordpress plugin running on our blog.
- By pointing your (mobile) browser to http://open.hackerspace.lu (SpaceApi support)
- By simply querying http://www.hackerspace.lu/od/status (1 is open, 0 is closed)
Apps using the OpenDuino- or Space-API
An issue and feature request tracker can be found on our Redmine installation.
- automatic light switching and blinds moving
- improve logic by using external mini-PC running the program
- make the solution autonomous ans resilient against power and internet outage
- Integrate rrdtool occupancy statistics
- Create notification messages dictionary file
- Add Pamela™ support
- Das Labor Status-Bot
- Hackerspace Budapest Hacksense
- GumboLabs in New Orleans
- Pamela in Brussels
- Mr. Door @ Maschinenraum
- Metalock & MetaSense @ Metalab
- Discussion on hackerspaces.org
- Gatekeeper @ Whitespace
- SpaceAccessControl @ RevSpace
- HackSpace Instrumentation @ HSNOTTS
As a summary, see Hackcess.org.
Brainstorming on extension
Assuming that there is a user who wants to come to the space, checks the website an sees that it is open. After a while the user stands in front of the door, but the other person already left. Our user doesn't have a key. --> Unpleasant situation. To avoid such scenarios in the future, we thought about a system that could solve the problem with the help of our coming member cards. The member cards will be suited up with a bar code and a magnetic tape. The usernames of the cardholders should be saved on these and every time when they enter the space, they should scan their cards and enter with the help of a numpad the time until they'll stay approximately.
The big moment has come. It was inevitable. We are all sad that the servo had to go. It had become old and unreliable to the point that people hat to turn around at the door step because they were not granted entry. So now it's all done with reed relays. To compensate, some new lights have also been added on the outside door.