From syn2cat - HackerSpace.lu
(Redirected from Bootstrap201207)
The syn2cat plenum
|Type of Event:||Meeting|
|Cost:|| 0 EUR0 $ |
|Mandatory registration:|| No
|Attendees:|| Stereo, Kwisatz|
Log-in to RSVP
|Contact Person(s):||Thierry (mail), Slopjong (mail), Prometheus (mail), The_metalgamer (mail), Gunstick (mail), sim0n (mail), Kwisatz (mail), Muling (mail), Destructive (mail)|
|Where:||Hackerspace, Strassen (11, rue du Cimetière, L-8018 Strassen, Luxembourg)|
|Add to your calendar:||Download … further results|
Decide where syn2cat is heading next. Every third Saturday of a month, starting at 7pm until midnight.
If you would like to discuss something, simply add it below the upcoming event!
The Guidelines page regroups all major decisions taken at prior Bootstrap Meetings.
- No items can be added to a schedule once the meeting has begun.
- A meeting can't last any longer than 4 hours (a 30min pause will be made after 2h)
- People should sign the topics they added using ~~~.
- Topics will only be discussed if their authors are present at the meeting.
- The interim Council --Gunstick (talk) 15:55, 21 July 2012 (CEST)
- Review Bootstrap_2012-06 ToDos --Kwisatz (talk) 17:25, 24 June 2012 (CEST)
- Buy a camera
- Discuss about the way things are funded --Thierry 12:07, 12 July 2012 (CEST)
- Minutes of yesterday's office meeting will be released soon-ish.
- Most important topic was budget. Details can be found in the office meeting minutes.
- Gunstick & Stereo explain funding details anyway.
- Macfreak suggest budget for sub-groups ("enveloppe vun ~2000 EUR").
- Kwisatz explains that enveloppes were thought of but dismissed since they were considered by some office members and other members as too burocratic and introducing even more hierarchy.
- Stereo suggested to consider such an enveloppe as group projects. Hacking the project funding process is encouraged. Sell your projects!
- Question raised: What happens when two projects are suggested at approximately the same time?
- Things that have been partly bought by members, will have to be *sold* to syn2cat for insurance and property reasons.
 Review bootstrap 2012-06
- Do-ocracy has not yet been put into the Guidelines or User Manual. (ACT)
- Ultimaker pledge has not yet been set up. (ACT)
- New member initiative has not yet been put into practice. (ACT)
- Even if we buy a cam, not a lot of people actually take any photos.
- Several devices were suggested.
- Such a cam should do photos and videos... videos to film talks, etc..
- What should be done with the cam? High-speed to do what exactly?
- The decision was postponed due to Kris not being present.
- Thierry explains why and how the interim council came to be.