The syn2cat plenum
|Type of Event:||Meeting|
|Cost:|| 0 EUR0 $ |
Log-in to RSVP
|Contact Person(s):||Gunstick (mail), Muling (mail), sid (mail), Stereo (mail)|
|Where:||Hackerspace, Strassen (11, rue du Cimetière, L-8018 Strassen, Luxembourg)|
|Add to your calendar:||Download … further results|
If you would like to discuss something, simply add it below the upcoming event!
The Guidelines page regroups all major decisions taken at prior Bootstrap Meetings.
- No items can be added to a schedule once the meeting has begun.
- If midnight before meeting, the topics is empty, there will be no meeting. Sorry
- A meeting can't last any longer than 4 hours (a 30min pause will be made after 2h)
- People should sign the topics they added using ~~~~.
- Topics will only be discussed if their authors are present at the meeting.
- State of the search for a new space -- Stereo (talk) 13:08, 10 June 2014 (CEST)
- Discuss member expectation form the hackerspace. Kris 11:20, 18 June 2014 (CEST)
- Need to gather extraordinary general assembly? Kris 11:20, 18 June 2014 (CEST)
- Haxogreen preparation status Gunstick (talk) 00:08, 21 June 2014 (CEST)
 1) State of the search for a new space
- we will probably have to pay a (small) rent
- but member fees will not be able to support that
- => seek sponsors
- => appeal to members with numbers how much rent costs
- => increase member count
Try to move to new space ASAP so not to affect haxogreen organization
What to move where?
- Stock(s): couches except one, big unused items (museum workstations, bike stuff), most of syn2stock, haxogreen (after event), cooking utensils, sink
- New place: useful things (machines, material, scrap matrial), fridge, drinks, snacks.
 2) Discuss member expectation form the hackerspace
How much are people ready to pay for actually having a hackerspace. 100€/mnth is too much :-)
what brings people to the hackerspace?
- access to tools
elaborate a strategy of recruiting members
- promote by activities: workshops (rasPi, soldering, arduino, programming)
- regular opening hours
- unattended access for u18? Need to know insurance and legal issues
- change 3 month trial period into number of visits/training/introduction
- better promotion on website (completed project list, activity list ...)
- list skills and activities of people so visitors can find their way
- besides presence at booth (hack.lu, chrimasmarket) be at other places
- offer hosting of activities (codeclub, jason, jsclub)
- help kirchberg student association with technical problems
 3) Need to gather extraordinary general assembly
Only if we have no more place. As we are looking to an actual new place, this is currently no issue.
Note: for raising the mninimal membership fee, a GA is required.
 4) Haxogreen preparation status
Mail people to hold talks
- impactory: girls&tech
- codeclub: kids session for dudelange kids
- We urgently need flyers and posters done
- Gunstick will "design" the wristbands
- Gunstick: do another advertizing email to hackerspaces.org mailinglist
- also need banners done