|Build an awesome big letterbox out of a half height computer rack.|
|Contact Person:||SteveClement (mail)|
A small rack was donated which we will transform into a letterbox as the building has none.
First letter was recieved on 9 June 2010
- add a lock to the drawer (simple padlock?)
- put nametag on box (syn2cat logo is on, maybe add a small one on the flap too)
- remove ventilation, plugs and other stuff
- clean rack
- reverse doors so that ventilation slot is in front
- design flap to be fitted on the ventilation hole
- obstruct the window with a poster or similar
- Build flap from metal for throwing letters through the top (protoype)
- Swap bottom plates front/back
- create a fancy drawer to recieve the letters in.
- redo metal flap to make it water tight
- paint flap? put adhesive foil on it instead
- mount flap
- put a sign that it's for letters
- put "keng reklamen w.e.g." sign on
- test for water tight (OK, some rust is appearing)
- send a test letter
Get awesome electricity into the letterrack. Possible solutions include solar panels and possibly windmills.
See Syn2rbine for information on that project.
First beta test