Mousse au Chocolat
luxembourgish family reciepe
Quantities for 4 persons (or one, if you are like me):
- 150g Block Chocolate (dark chocolate, don't use too fancy one, but rather the kind used for deserts)
- 100g sugar
- 80g butter (not margarine)
- 4 eggs (keep them cold in the fridge)
You will need 3 bowls (small, medium, big) and a serving bowl.
split the eggs and beat the eggwhite in the big bowl into snow. Beat it like hell so it becomes like concrete (well almost).
mix the egg yolks in the middle bowl and add the sugar, continue to mix until it becomes light yellow
Chocolate melting, 2 options:
- put the chocolate and 3 tablespoons of water in the small bowl and heat for 1.5 min in the microwave
- use hot water where you put the small bowl with the chocolate in and wait until melted (bain marie)
cut the butter into thick slices and mix with the molten chocolate until it's completely molten
Pour the chocolate-butter mix into the egg yolk and stir shortly
lift the egg snow under the whole mixture. do not do this too much, just until you don't see any white spots anymore.
Pour into the serving bowl cover with cling film and put for at least 4 hours in the fridge.
You will love it!